Tuesday, August 9, 2011

mon anniversaire

Tomorrow is my birthday! I'm going to be 18!!! I'm so excited I don't even know what to say :33 Today I recorded myself playing a Chopin Nocturne that most people are familiar with. It's not exactly a favorite, but I find it fun to play sometimes...



Frédéric Chopin - Nocturne in E-flat Major, Op. 9, No. 2 from allison miranda on Vimeo.





Listening list as of late:



Eric's Trip - Purple Blue

Toy Love - Cuts

Jandek - Raining Down Diamonds

Men's Recovery Project - The Golden Triumph of Naked Hostility

Tall Dwarfs - Hello Cruel World

Dmitri Shostakovich - Sonata for Cello and Piano in D minor, Op. 40



Learning on the Piano:



some beethoven sonata

some scarlatti sonata

Sergei Prokofiev - Piano Sonata No. 1 (Just started that yesterday)



Well, basically I've been looking through some of my less-touched piano books and trying to figure out what I want to learn next. Usually I go to Youtube and see how the song sounds before I play (it helps a lot when I'm just getting started), and yesterday I made the horrible mistake of watching a Martha Argerich recording of a certain piece. Needless to say, any hope I had of conquering the piece, in any shape of form, was shattered instantly. She is an impossibly perfect pianist and preformer. I'd like to learn some of the more pretty Chopin pieces, like maybe an Impromptu or something, as I have seriously been lacking in Chopin lately. I think people will take me more seriously if I finally do a Prokofiev piece, and they don't look too terrible, so I'm going to give the First Piano Sonata a shot. Hmmm, what else... I have a book of Mendelssohn piano works but I don't really know where to start with those either! :( Oh well I guess it doesn't really matter... you can't learn everything.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts