Tuesday, November 29, 2011

I can't stop listening to my recent mix, Moons In Her Eyes. I love every song on there so much (except, maybe, "37°C"). It is a very pretty winter mix, I think.

My friend told me that if I learned Brahms' First Piano Concerto he would arrange the orchestra part for a wind quintet (because he is an oboist and composer, I guess it would be easier for him to do that). Still, I can't waiiitttt.

Currently reading: Mikhail Bulgakov's The Master and Margarita. Holy fuck is it amazing. I'm basically spending like 30 minutes on each page because the edition I have has many, many notes in the back that are so full of historical and lingual connotations and connections between the text and things like operas and Christology and Soviet ideals and Goethe's Faust. "A devil-temptor coming to a scholar." The writing (as it has been translated) is also very nice, not so convoluted that I can't make out a single idea or line of thought, but very educated, colorful, and rich with pure knowledge and inventiveness. Not very often can you literally just open a book and feel your mind soaking in new information, new ideas, and new stories with such fervor. And it just so happens to be information, ideas, and stories that I am genuinely interested in learning more about. I am in love!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts