Sunday, March 6, 2011

浜崎あゆみ (Ayumi Hamasaki) - A Complete: All Singles


2008; 3 discs


This greatest hits collaboration is the celebration of Ayumi Hamasaki's tenth anniversary with the Avex Trax record label. A Complete: All Singles is a collection of all the singles Hamasaki has released since 1998.

I'm relatively new to the entire genre of j-pop, or at least the work of solo j-pop artists, but most fans will recognize 浜崎あゆみ as a leader of j-pop music. Ayumi is an award-winning Japanese singer and former actress, as well as an international fashion icon. Her music is synth-y and full of life. I really, really enjoy this style of pop - sophisticated, fun, worthwhile. I listened to the entire 3 CDs and immediately wanted to listen again. I guess it's not for everyone, but I was after good j-pop and I definitely found it in the music of Ayumi Hamasaki.

Disc 1
Disc 2
Disc 3

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts