Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Einstürzende Neubauten - 09-15-2000, Brussels


2002; 22 tracks


I used to really dislike live albums for some odd reason, but after hearing Coil's ...And the Ambulance Died In Their Arms, I knew that live albums were really amazing. As my friend put it, they are "intimate snapshots into a moment in time that cannot be recreated." Many things go into a live performance, sometimes things that didn't exist during a recording session, so the effects are always interesting, varied, and unique. This record of performances, I feel, is one of the closest and most intimate looks at Einstürzende Neubauten.

After giving 9-15-2000, Brussels a few good listens, I might say that this is one of (if not my absolute) favorite Einstürzende Neubauten album(s). It is a live performance of the band in Brussels, Belgium (duh), and it features songs from various other EN albums. I really love this version of "Der Schacht von Babel," originally on their album Ende Neu. I highly recommend this live album to fans of the group who wish to get a closer look at the people behind the amazing music.


Download.
+ Tracks 5 and 10.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts