Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Chameleons - What Does Anything Mean? Basically


1985; 12 tracks


Here is the second album (preceded by the stunning Script of the Bridge) by English post-punk/new wave group The Chameleons. I never thought I'd say this, but... I might like this more than Script. I mean, I can't really put my finger on it (can anyone?), but this album is one of the most surreal and encompassing albums you will ever hear. It is quite literally impossible to describe it in words, but put simply - I think The Chameleons, on this record, have become even more vague in every way, and in that, more incredible. Who can tell the exact meaning of music like this? Who could ever divine an answer to the frantic, ecstatic rush of The Chameleons? I'm not sure anyone could, apart from the band members themselves, but there is hardly anything worth more of a listen than this. Listening to this album made me feel as if I were living in a Camus novel, like The Stranger. Wavy lines, a complete world of grey, an absence of time.

Download.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts