Monday, July 5, 2010

Death in June - But, What Ends When the Symbols Shatter?


1992; 12 tracks


Taken from a special place somewhere in the universe:

"I started to listened Death in June's But, What Ends When the Symbols Shatter? this morning, on the way to the university for piano classes. I haven't thoroughly listened to this album, ever. I meant to like a year ago, but I never got around to it. I don't know one person in my life that would have the patience to try to listen to something like Di6 - It just seems way too intellectual and "weird" for most of the people I know. I have now listened to it about 6 times through.


But, What Ends When the Symbols Shatter? is an amazing album for me, especially the because of the lyrics. Throughout the entire album, Pierce continues to remind us, sometimes subtly, that "This is Not Paradise." The idea that this world is fleeting, something that passes, seems to be prevalent throughout the album... I am amazed by this, by the dreams that can so easily become reality... it leaves me speechless. Also, the instrumentation here is a little more simplistic than on other albums, I guess - every song has the acoustic guitar strumming away forever. The lyrics, however, are spectacular.

My favorite song was 'Daedalus Rising.' It might be one of the most amazing songs I've ever heard in my life."

Download.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts